Sunday, January 31, 2010

Roast Turkey





The turkey that has been sitting in my freezer since November finally made it into the oven. I have heard so many versions of how to roast a turkey-brining, bag it, deep fry but it being my first time to prepare a turkey, I decided to stick with my favorite-my dad's!
It grossed me out to touch the raw turkey that I asked Scott for help. I didn't even have a roasting pan so a cheap aluminum one that I use to make my cheesecakes had to do! Cleaned the turkey, patted it dry, poured melted butter over it, and seasoned with salt, pepper, and minced garlic. Stuffed the cavity with chopped onions, carrots, cand celery and scattered more around the turkey. Baked at 375 for 2 1/2 hours, basting every 30 minutes. I tented the bird with foil for 15 minutes to keep the juices intact before slicing. Food Network taught me that trick.
Tender, moist, and juicy just like dad's. Blanched asparagus and stuffing accompanied the turkey and it was Thanksgiving in February!

No comments:

Post a Comment