Thursday, June 10, 2010

Vancouver, Canada






Bonjour! Greetings from Vancouver where there is everything and anything to eat. Devoured gourmet cupcakes, Hungarian Dobos Torte (one of my favorite cakes) and feasted on homemade falafel to mouth watering burgers from Vera's. We ate our way through Vancouver!
Worked off all the food walking, bicycling through Stanley Park, walking, catching the Sky train and the bus, and walking. All that exercise paid off when I came in contact with actual peonies-in a garden, for sale in a florist shop, they were everywhere! Peonies are so beautiful but I have been cursed and tortured living in Hawaii and not having the opportunity to be around them. It is too hot and humid to grow peonies in Hawaii.
Weather was unusually cold (50s) for this time of year but it gave me the chance to wear my trench coat, scarves, and coat. The Canadians were friendly, the weather was beautiful and it was only a 5 hour flight. I will definitely be returning to Vancouver.

1 comment: