Sunday, April 7, 2013

My Surfer

I never dated a surfer before I met Scott. This cute, tall, haole guy walked into a teacher's workshop 20 years ago and my life has never been the same! We began dating shortly. One of his friend's wives pulled me aside to fill me in on what it's like to be with a surfer and to explain that surfing is a "lifestyle." I just nodded and smiled, not really comprehending. Since the New Zealand trip I finally get it with surfing. The sensation you feel when you ride the wave is euphoric. My euphoria was a 1 ft wave! I'm sure he needs a bigger wave to feel the sensation. Nevertheless, surfing is cool! I've been told Scott is "a really good surfer" and "he's like a professional" and I would think. "Really?" Since the NZ trip, I now appreciate the sport and finally realize that Scott is beautiful when he surfs-languid, playful, and elegant. It's inspiring to watch him do something he loves so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment