Sunday, February 7, 2010

Blueberry Muffin



The Green Geckos rallied from a score of 4-2 to win 6-4 in the last quarter against the Pink Panthers. Anna scored a goal which meant a visit to Menchie's and I celebrated by baking a batch of blueberry muffins.
Whisked 2 1/4 C whole spelt flour, 2 t baking powder, 1 t baking soda and 1 t salt. Added 1/2 C coconut oil which I melted on the stove top, 2/3 C agave nectar, 2/3 C rice milk and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients. I prefer my blueberry desserts to be more blueberry than lemoney. Recipe calls for 1 t of pure lemon extract but omitted it and instead added an extra teaspoon of vanilla extract to the 2 t. Folded in the fresh blueberries and poured 1/3 C batter into each cupcake liner. Baked the muffins in a 325 degree preheated oven for 23 minutes, rotated after 15 minutes.
I would also like to dedicate these muffins to Daly who introduced Babycakes to me. She opened her gift and said the scent of blueberries was the first she smelled. Light, sweet, and satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment