Saturday, August 21, 2010

Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert







I was advised by my muse Katie Lee to have a dinner reservation at an Italian restaurant after seeing the movie. I was also forewarned not to see the show when I was hungry. I did all of that and at the end found myself disappointed. I've read the book 3 times, hosted a booktalk and was expecting too much. I can't say that about the other books I've read. With such high hopes I went to the movie with an open mind. When I heard the book was being turned into a film, my husband and I speculated as to who should play the lead. We did not speculate Julia Roberts!
I did enjoy the scenes of Italy and Bali and they reminded me of my recent travels there. I also appreciated the food shots and made me look forward to my Italian dinner reservation.
I still LOVE the book though!

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures! I feel the same way about the movie (Kate Winslet would have been a better choice)

    ReplyDelete