Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Fish Tacos with Black Beans and Cilantro-Lime Rice


It was a Mexican fiesta night! Pieces of mahi were sprinkled with chili powder, salt and pepper, rolled in flour and fried. Black beans and diced tomatoes were mixed with with sauteed onions and diced bell pepper, then simmered for 30 minutes. You all know, one of my favorite foods is rice and I wanted a light rice dish to accompany this meal. Katie Lee's Cilantro-Lime Rice recipe was easy and refreshing and brightened up the flavors of this meal. Unfortunately, I had to make do with with only 1/4 C of chopped cilantro instead of 3/4 C that the recipe calls for.
The family enjoyed the fish tacos for the taste and nutrition. I was unimpressed, maybe because I've eaten very good Mexican food and I always compare what I cook with what I can buy. I've realized how much I like to eat out because of the work it requires to prepare a meal. After I'm done cooking, I'm too exhausted to eat but if someone else is cooking, I'm all there!

No comments:

Post a Comment