Friday, June 19, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cupcakes


Pleasurable morning of baking a light, sweet, airy cupcake! I used my designer cupcake liners from Fancy Flours to kick off the project!
Dark Chocolate Frosting:
I halved the recipe because I could not see myself using five cups of frosting that required 4 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter and 1 1/2 pounds of semi-sweet chocolate. I am too cheap to buy the best quality semi sweet chocolate, so I just used Nestle semi-sweet chocolate chips. It worked out just fine according to compliments from friends and family.

Scott, my handsome and loving husband of 14 years prefers his desserts to be cold. I put his cupcake in the freezer before serving. He exclaimed after the first bite, "This is unreal, it tastes like candy!" "Whoa...the cupcake broke da mouth!" Pidgin (Hawaiian creole) translation: Very delicious!

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! The cake was moist and the frosting was rich. I'm so glad you started this project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for being a follower and all your support! I am so glad you're not the type of person that will turn down a dessert, you are always so gracious and enthusiastic about any baked goods!

    ReplyDelete