Monday, June 29, 2009

Applesauce-Spice Cupcake


We have European explorers like Vasco de Gama to thank for the possibility of spices available in our pantry. The combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves transforms one's imagination to distant, exotic lands.
It's amazing how toasted nuts can bring out the flavor in a recipe. To begin, I toasted a 1/2 cup of pecans, which the recipe called for and 1/2 cup of walnuts which are my favorite in a 350 degree oven for 8 minutes. Make sure nuts cool completely before adding to batter.
Whisked all dry ingredients and added them to the wet in Magnolia (pink Kitchen Aid mixer). You know how I am about cutting corners so
Mott's unsweetend applesauce fulfilled the requirement purchased at Walmart for $2.88 a six pack. Baked cupcakes for 10 minutes, rotated and baked for 8 more.
Brown-Sugar Cream-Cheese Frosting:
Never had frosting like it before and this will not be the last. I loved it! Simple, sweet, and tangy to match the spiciness of the cupcake.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Mr. Gama! A great Holiday treat. Loved the nuts! The Frosting is a keeper. Thank you for the Cupcake Delivery. We are SO Lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like we are getting supremely spoiled by this summer of cupcakes. How lucky are we to have a friend like you gifting us with all these decadant goodies! You rock! And this was a delightful cupcake, reminded me a little bit of spice cake. The nuts and the frosting made it for me. Light, nutty, and not too sweet. Thank you for letting us be your little bakery tasters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you figured the picture part, you look great. Thank you again for being my guinea pigs. I value your tasting and your comments

    ReplyDelete