Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Fendu Boulangerie


No, you have not mistakenly logged on to a bakery blog. I needed a break from cupcakes and Scott and I had a date to a new French bakery in Manoa. We tried everything-sandwich, pizza, croissant, scones, pastries and breads baked in an authentic French oven the owner imported from France. I enjoyed the food so much that I went back with Maha, Angela, Kayleen, and Anna on different days in a two week period. I savored every bite of the Pear Mascarpone Chocolate danish. I am not a fan of fruits in my dessert but the combination is unreal. Try it!

I used to think there was nothing special about scones. Then I tried the Boulangerie's mango scone and I was on a quest to bake a batch as good as theirs. I even called the bakery to ask what type of mango is in the recipe. Luckily there was no need to climb a mango tree in the summer, just stop by the dried fruit section of the grocer and find the packaged sweetened mangoes. I even made a variety to satisfy everyone's fancy-cranberry, chocolate chip, and raisin. Disappointing attempt to match Fendu Boulangerie.
I used Barefoot Contessa's scone recipe which she swears "would get customers out of their beds in the morning and into the store" and frankly, I'd rather sleep in!

1 comment:

  1. I loved their Almond Pear Tea Cake! I just wish they had tarts and macaroons (And some chic french tables and chairs).

    ReplyDelete