Saturday, July 18, 2009

Devil's Food Cupcake


Many thanks to the Cardiology Department of Straub Hospital. Thank you especially to my sweet friend Kellie who recommended my cupcakes to the department. A chocolate lover's delight! Kellie commented on the after taste which I credit to the sour cream. It added moistness and a subtle tang. A longer process compared to other chocolate recipes.
Whisked Pernigotti cocoa powder with hot water before whisking all other dry ingredients. Instead of oil, I melted butter with sugar in a saucepan and poured it into a mixing bowl of Magnolia. Added eggs, vanilla, cocoa mixture, and flour mixture alternating with the sour cream.

Instead of the recommended Chocolate Ganache Frosting, I used the Cream Cheese Frosting. It's always a hit!

2 comments:

  1. Delicious (Even without frosting!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha...Daly got a naked cupcake too! And I agree...so delicious even without frosting :) I totally enjoyed the lingering after taste of these delicate cups of love. Boy-o-boy...I'm gonna be as big as a house if you keep producing these quality cups!
    Quality products = An excellent cup of Love :)

    ReplyDelete