Thursday, July 9, 2009

Chocolate Chip Crunch Cookies

My dear friend Kayleen recommended the book Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder
because the heroine reminded her of me and my passion for baking. Hannah is the owner of a bakery called the Cookie Jar and solves a mystery using her baked goods. It was a cute story with interesting recipes, which prompted me to try the one for which Hannah receives rave reviews. Thus, chocolate chip crunch was the first chapter of the day.

Very simple recipe. No fancy ingredients nor gadgets, just melt butter, mix flour, baking soda, brown and white sugar, eggs, vanilla, form and bake. I've been tampering with an oven thermometer lately and tried it today. The recipe instructs you to bake at 375 but using the thermometer, I had to increase the temperature up to at least 390. I expected a WOW but was brutally disappointed. Cookies were chewy, not crunchy. Ordinary, not extraordinary. So far as the Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder? CASE CLOSED.

No comments:

Post a Comment