Monday, July 13, 2009

Chocolate-Spice Cupcake



Now, this is more like it! I never thought ginger and chocolate could be so good together but this was heavenly. The chocolate ganache glaze put this cupcake over the top!
The cupcake did not require liners, but pan had to be buttered and dusted with cocoa powder. Whisked all dry ingredients including the spices. I am beginning to appreciate the smell in my kitchen. Creamed the butter, brown sugar, egg, and molasses. Despite the lumps in the batter, a moist, not too sweet, nor spicey cupcake emerged.
Chocolate Ganache Glaze:
Ganache is a smooth mixture of chocolate and cream and oh, let me tell you I was in chocolate heaven. The sight of Ghiradelli semisweet chocolate melting with heavy cream is pure pleasure.


1 comment:

  1. Amazing! A Sweet alternative to Prozac! (Chocolate has been shown to elevate Serotonin levels which improve mood). Bliss! Thank You.

    ReplyDelete