Friday, August 28, 2009

Banana Bread


I needed something sweet but I did not have a lot of time due to kickboxing class. This recipe is so basic I decided to add my own little extras. Whisked flour, baking soda, and salt. Then, beat eggs, sugar, and vegetable oil. Continued to add ingredients I already have in the pantry and fridge-vanilla, banana, walnuts, and buttermilk. I love it when I don't have to make a special trip to the grocery store to buy that one ingredient I'll never use again. The addition of coconut and semi sweet chocolate chips made it extra special.
Instead of two loaves the recipe is supposed to yield, I produced three loaves-one to eat, one to give, and one to share.
Baked for 30 minutes at 350 for 30 minutes, rotated, then baked for 20 more. Easy clean up, didn't wait for it to even cool before I sliced a piece and made it in time for kickboxing class.

No comments:

Post a Comment