Sunday, August 16, 2009

New York-Style Cheesecake


My dear friends Jon and Pauline are visiting from San Francisco and I thought no cupcake would do. It would have to be special and over the top and Martha's Baking Handbook had just the dessert! This cheesecake is simply decadent and fabulous and I don't even like cheesecake but I found myself slowing down and actually appreciating every bite.
The recipe calls for half of the Chocolate Wafer Sandwich Cookie dough recipe for the crust but I always thought cheesecake crusts were too thin. So, what the hell, I did the whole recipe and I wouldn't change a thing! You need a lot of time for this cake and cream cheese. Prepare to use seven 8oz. packages of cream cheese, yes...I said seven. Set aside at least half the day to prepare this dish and you will not be disappointed. It is worth every hour you clock in, money that you spend on the best ingredients and the manpower you will need to heft the roasting pan holding the 10 inch springform pan with the cheesecake and at least 12 cups of boiling water into the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment