Sunday, August 9, 2009

Chocolate Scone


It was a rough first week at my new job teaching Freshmen English and I needed some cheering up. I thought, "I need chocolate!" I watched the new Julie, Julia movie and was even more inspired to get in the kitchen. Julie baked a chocolate cake and I am now on a quest to find the recipe. Not only did the scones from Martha's Baking Handbook cheer me up but I'm already looking forward to going back to work tomorrow.
Much better than Barefoot's scone recipe. It was rich and dense, just the way I like my desserts. Whisked all dry ingredients-flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Cut the butter with pastry blender and folded in the chocolate. The use of good quality semisweet chocolate, Ghiradelli to be exact is a must. Notice...no use of fancy gadgets, even better! Could not form dough into a rectangle, looked more like a sloppy circle but used my cookie cutter to form cute, simple squares. Baked at 375 for 15 minutes, rotated, and baked for 10 more.

No comments:

Post a Comment