Sunday, October 18, 2009

Pumpkin Cupcake


I presented my Anna with a pink box of Kara's cupcakes when I returned home and which cupcake did she choose to devour? You'd assume it would be chocolate or vanilla but she chose pumpkin and loved it! It made me proud because I love the flavor of pumpkin and always look forward to Thanksgiving when I know every gathering will feature a pumpkin pie.
It was unbelievably humid in paradise today and instead of just lounging around I made sure to involve Anna in this recipe. She mixed the wet ingredients of pumpkin puree, sugars, eggs and the brown butter mixture which you melt 1 1/2 sticks of butter until it turns golden brown. I kept asking Scott,"Does this look golden brown to you?" and realized after it started bubbling that it was golden brown enough. I whisked the dry ingredients of flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves and we mixed both mixtures unti just combined. That's it! Anna just adored the batter and begged me to let her lick the bowl. After 18 minutes of baking, rotated at 10 we both topped off our busy Sunday with a pumpkin cupcake. This cupcake will definitely tie me over till Thanksgiving-sweet but not too sweet, spicey, and moist.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
The perfect frosting for a delectable cupcake!

1 comment: