Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Snickerdoodles






I've confirmed my suspicion, cookies come first. I can't deny it any longer. I haven't given up on cupcakes, I've just taken a detour on cookie road. I've never had a snickerdoodle in my life and I must say I have been missing something. This is what I love about cookies-few ingredients and no waiting around to taste while you whip up topping and frost. Out of the oven and pop into your mouth!
Sifted dry ingredients of flour, baking powder, and salt. Creamed 2 sticks of butter with 1 1/2 C sugar, added 2 extra large eggs which I always use when baking, and gradually mixed flour mixture.
Shaped dough in 1 3/4" balls and rolled in cinnamon sugar mixture. The colors reminded me of the sunrise this morning, a vibrant red orange that illuminated the whole lanai-gorgeous! I thought the balls were huge but when baked for 6 minutes, rotated and baked for 8 more, they turned into perfectly shaped cookies.
I've often wondered if cooling baking sheets on wire racks makes a difference. If cookies turn out this great, I'll definitely continue to do so. Snickerdoodle was crunchy on the edges but chewy on the inside. Scott said it tasted like a muffin top and I'm sure he did not mean the overhang of flesh on a woman when she wears pants but that it was the best part of a muffin. Anna said it tasted like a cookie for a baby shower. Could she mean a cookie for a special occasion because this cookie is a celebration?

2 comments:

  1. i love snickerdoodles. it's my favorite cookie. i always get it from cookie corner. now i gotta try yours.

    ReplyDelete