Friday, November 13, 2009

Cream Cheese-Walnut Cookies


The combination of cream cheese, and not the low fat stuff and walnuts is divine. A light, buttery, hearty and fulfilling cookie that would complement a cup of tea. Before starting, make sure butter and cream cheese are at room temperature which will facilitate the mixing and produce light, buttery cookies. 1 1/2 C of walnuts were also toasted to bring out its nutty taste. I never realized the difference that makes, but I always toast my nuts before adding to a recipe.
Whisked 4 C flour and 1 1/2 t salt. I admit I have been lazy about cleaning Magnolia so I've been getting by with just using a hand held mixer. Creamed 4 sticks,yes 4 sticks of butter (Paula Deen watch out!)and 6 oz cream cheese. Mixed in 1 1/4 C sugar and vanilla, then added flour mixture and walnuts. Rolled dough into logs, wrapped in parchment paper and froze until firm. When ready to bake, rolled in chopped walnuts, coating completely. Sliced into 1/4-1/2 in thick rounds. Baked for 18 minutes at 350.
Delicious with my afternoon tea! Buttery, hearty, and just the right amount of sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment