Saturday, November 14, 2009

Pari Dos Dos (Tambo Tambo, Ginataen)




I finally mustered the courage and confidence to make this dish that I have enjoyed since I was a little girl. My mother always made this dish for my father's birthday and my Auntie Romana is a master at creating this pot of nostalgia that brings back all the pleasant memories of rolling mochi balls with sisters, cousins, and aunties.
Due to the lack of recipe, I spent the afternoon with my aunt assisting and taking notes months ago. If you have the time and the right ingredients, go for it! The recipe calls for glutinous rice flour and Mae Ploy brand coconut milk. Auntie added her own twist of purple Okinawan sweet potatoes and tapioca that makes this dish so ono (Hawaiian slang for delicious).
I nailed the recipe and can honestly say that Auntie would be proud. I even guessed right with the measurements.

No comments:

Post a Comment