Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween





Thank God for box cake mix! It was the annual Halloween party and despite school, soccer, and parent conferences, I couldn't let the kids down, especially Anna who dressed up as Jasmin. Baked 2 batches of chocolate and vanilla cupcakes for the soccer team and the nephews who came over for dinner. Kids had a blast decorating with Halloween sprinkles special ordered from Fancy Flours that they gobbled one up before dinner. No one seemed to notice that it wasn't homemade. I especially liked Martha's cupcake liners!
Before sending the kids off in the neighborhood, we had a buffet of some of my favorite foods. Jeannie prepared her tasty dips-clam and kamaboko and Rose cooked up a pot of pinacbet which I think she does the best (shh..don't tell my mom).
I made sure to have Dad cook up a pot of pork guisantes which is one of my favorite Filipino dishes and Tess made her delicious somen salad which everyone adores.
A lot of children showed up and we emptied the cauldron of candies.

No comments:

Post a Comment