Sunday, November 22, 2009

Popovers



No need to spend an arm and a leg for a fancy lunch at Mariposa, famous for their popovers when you can make your own! I finally found popover pans for $7 each at Ross buried deep in the clearance pile. Patience pays off! I couldn't bring myself to spend close to $20 a pan available only at Williams and Sonoma, so popovers had to wait.
It's so easy. Simple ingredients of room temperature unsalted butter to generously butter pans. First whisked 1 1/2 C milk and 6 eggs. Added 1 1/2 C flour, 3/4 t salt, 1 1/2 T confectioners' sugar. You would think there would be more to this recipe but no, that's it. Filled each cup with 1/4 C plus 1 T of batter and baked for only 23 minutes in a preheated 425 degree oven.
Nothing like a sight to see a popover popping over, clamoring over each other yelling pick me, pick me to be chosen and gobbled with butter and jelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment