Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Cookies



The scent of trees from the Northwest, boxes of chocolate covered macadamia nuts, the huge statues of Mr. and Mrs. Claus erected in the center of Ala Moana are things I look forward to at Christmas but I also anticipate the arrival of every shape, flavor, and color of Christmas cookies.
To our delight April, John and the kids came home for Christmas and brought with them cookies from Trader Joe. I am a snob to store bought cookies but these cookies were delicious-fresh, rich dark chocolate, and a right amount of sweet; they definitely did not taste store bought. I keep hoping and praying a Trader Joe will come to Hawaii.

2 comments:

  1. Your snickerdoodle cookies are my ALL TIME Favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I don't even know half of those kids.

    ReplyDelete