Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Happy 40th Birthday



I rang in my 40th surrounded by family and good friends. I felt so loved and blessed to have such wonderful people in my life. My home was full of talented people. The party did not get started until you put on a hat by Angela which were wild, colorful and fun. Kayleen baked the most scrumptious chocolate cream pie-thick, flakey crust filled with creamy, chocolatey pudding. Maha made the most delicious chocolate chip cookies that were devoured within minutes, and Daly made my favorite cake from Martha's Baking Handbook - Dobos Torte. Simo kept eyeing the cake all night wondering if it was real and was pleased to sample a slice that was silky, decadent, and gorgeous.
My Scott did not disappoint me. He drove to town to purchase a Liliha Bakery Chantilly Cake that just melted in your mouth. Collette could not get enough. My parents always ordered a chantilly for every birthday when I was a little girl and it brings back fond memories of growing up.
I approached 40 with frustration and depression before the party thinking I was now an old lady. But being surrounded by people I adored, who all came together to celebrate helped me to get over it. Especially after Bill said he didn't meet Collette till after 40.

2 comments: