Friday, December 11, 2009

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookie


I get in a "zone" when I bake because not only do I have to concentrate on using correct measurements but I always think of the person who the recipe is intended for. My sister in law April went in for surgery yesterday and I baked this cookie to send good, sweet thoughts to her for a speedy recovery. This is one of April's favorite cookie recipe adapted from Cooking Light magazine and has become one of mine too because it's healthy, quick, and filling.
Recipe calls for only 1/3 C of butter to be creamed with white and brown sugars which I thought to be skimpy so I put in a whole block (1/2 C). Added 1 1/2 t vanilla and an egg and mixed with flour, oats, baking powder and soda, and salt. I also thought 1/4 C of chocolate chips not enough so in went 1/2 C along with 1/4 C of toasted walnuts. I made sure not to overmix which will create a tough dough. Dropped dough by tablespoonfuls and baked for 12 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
We all miss April, John, and the kids. Get well soon April and I'm thinking of you with every bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment